We have introduced a number of measures to keep our students and teachers as safe as possible - in line with UK government guidelines and also best studio practices worldwide:
• Each class has a maximum of 6 students.
• Designated spaces for mats have been clearly marked on the floor to allow the maximum distance between each mat.
• In this way students will have more space and will also be able to receive more individual attention from the teacher.
• All classes must be booked in advance. Please see our new online booking system to book a class.
• Therefore, no cash will change hands. You will also be guaranteed a place for the class you have booked.
• This also gives the teacher more time to prepare the class without having to deal with money or registrations
• All of our teachers have their temperature taken before class.
• We will also take the temperature of each person entering the studio. Please do not get offended or frightened when we do this. We use the latest medical grade, contactless technology to take your temperature. This is perfectly safe and only takes a minute.
• Anyone with a temperature of 38c and above will not be permitted to enter the studio.
• Anyone who refuses to have their temperature taken will not be permitted to enter the studio.
• The studio is thoroughly cleaned each day and between each teacher's classes.
• Hand sanitiser is available as you enter the studio - at the kitchen area and also in the toilet.
• Communal studio mats and equipment have been removed. Please bring any equipment you may need with you. If you don't have a mat then we are able to sell you one at the studio when you arrive.
• The latest government guidelines do not advise wearing a mask for physical exercises.
• Therefore at this stage, masks are optional in the studio. If you want to wear one that's perfectly fine.
• Some of our teachers may choose to wear a mask during class - this is for your safety as much as theirs.
• Please arrive with plenty of time - no earlier than 15 mins before the start of the class
• Please wait outside the studio allowing others plenty of space
• Before entering the studio we will take your temperature
• When you enter the studio, please take off your shoes
• Please use the hand sanitiser provided
• Please place your mat in one of the available designated spaces on the floor
• There is a small changing area in which you can leave any bags or valuables.
• If you use the toilet facilities, please use the soap or hand sanitiser provided
• During your time at the studio please be mindful of allowing others plenty of space.
• Please be patient and kind - this is a new situation for all of us. We're doing our best!
• If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or you have been in contact with others who do, then please do not come to class
• If you have any other health issues, please consult a doctor before commencing yoga exercises and inform the teacher before the class
Stay up-to-date with all things Yoga Torquay. Our free regular newsletter provides you with the latest news.
Yoga Torquay, The Studio,
8 Park Lane,